Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Manis Di Mulut



I had Tang for the first time after so so many years. I was ecstatics when i saw it in the super market. The packaging has changed tho, remember how our tang used to come in thick glass bottles with green wrapping? The one we bought was a tacky yellow packaging that came in a bag. Unlike our good old Smarties and Haw flakes which taste cheaper as the years go by, Tangs somehow managed to sustain its tangy tingly zesty feeling on your tongue. I didn't have a chance to make a glass today, so i grabbed the small packet and stuffed it in my handbag as i rushed out the door headed to work. The first thing i did when i reached the office was to sit down and enjoy myself a cold cup of Tangs. Ouu Yummy. It all kinda brought back old memories. Glucose came to mind too, the grape flavor was my favorite. I cant imagine drinking glucose again, it just sounds ikky to me now, but i think i wouldn't mind having some of the powder. I remember eating all the powder from my tree-drops and refilling it with the glucose. It never quite tasted the same, but at least they looked alike. Oh Oh .... and my favorite....Fruitips!!! This may sound a bit creepy, but i goggled it..and i found out that Nestle had stopped production in Malaysia and the nearest place we can get it is in Singapore. Oh boy, that's not too far for some good old Fruitips. Maybe i should venture into Fruitips importing. I'm sure that all of us 70's and 80's kids would pool me much demand.

How we long for the things that remind us of our childhood. Just a few days ago, Eddy, Thilly and i came across a roti man riding his bike overflowing with all sorts of roti and chickadees on the road. There was a sudden excitement in the car. we couldn't stop the roti man because there were just too many cars on the road so we followed him for a bit and honked till he stopped. i think our eyes were too greedy, each of us grabbed two packets of buns each, however, i was quite disappointed because he didn't have my keropok durian. i was still overjoyed, for a second, i felt like ive known that roti man all my life. we took our bread home and had it after dinner. Potato bun, koko bun and the bun keras. ouuuu,,,,,, nothing like it eh? :)

p/s: Charlene, i promise to bring the packet of Tang right back home.

2 comments:

  1. EEEEE Glucose... I never liked that stuff...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U took my tang.. And u gloated bout it before i had a sip. and then u stored it deep inside the kitchen cabinet.. i know your plan... i see through you.....

    =P

    ReplyDelete