Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sick in my stomach, For it was a stomach

I went out for lunch with one of my colleagues. We decided to have Malay nasi campur. As usual, something spicy, something green and something gravy-ish. My appetite was big today, so I filled my plate with kerabu sotong, I had myself a plate of lala and some green ulam with sambal belacan.

We chatted throughout lunch and I never really paid attention to what was entering my mouth. As I scooped my last spoon of rice, my colleague turned around and asked me, “is that tripe you’re eating”? And immediately I responded, “No lah, Its kerabu sotong”!!!! He reached out to the piece of sotong dangling out of my spoon and shoved it in his mouth. Soon I felt the blood rush to my head, an instant dizziness. I was afraid of what I was about to soon discover. IT WAS NOT FUCKING KERABU SOTONG , IT WAS SOME PART OF A COW' S STOMACH!!!!!!!!

I grabbed the nearest available liquid and gulped it down like a thirsty dingo as my colleague looked upon with empathy. I picked up the courage to look at it closer, It had the texture of a tongue, with rough hair on it. WTF!!!!! I tot it was dots, like the dots we see on sotong tentacles!!!!! Immediately I could feel the insides of my stomach slowly making its way back to my throat. I reached out for some paper in may bag (which by the way, turned out to me my CIMB bank’s ATM card confirmation letter which is needed to promise a smooth flow of my salary) and puked my lungs out on and around it. There were a few people that were looking with curiosity, because I couldn’t conceal the disgust on my face.

How ironic it is, as I sit at my office table…. I notice that there is a picture of a lady milking a brown cow. I want to be sad, I want to cry over spilled milk!!!!!!!!!!!!! The past one hour has been the most as-shitty-as-it-can-get one hour, as I imagine the sotong look-alikes being digested and seeping its way into my blood vessels. Therez this funny four legged animal taste at the back of my tongue which I just can’t get rid of.

Moooooooooooooooooo...............RIP to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment