Monday, November 3, 2008

Earthly Magic


It was as though she was waving an imaginary wand in the air, a little circle here, a wave there, and a touch of smile at the end. My brother and I use to be so embarrassed every time she conducted one of her “voodoo rituals” in public, stopping her at every opportunity we could. I am a believer of pranic energy, even though I never really grasped the true concept of it at a tender age of 11. Maybe a little bit here and there, but definitely not the “voodoo stuff” mum use to perform. It seemed almost illogical, but mum embraced every ounce of it. Every time mum “healed” a cut or bruise by simply laying her hands on mine, I would insist that it was the work of the Panadol I took or just simple coincidence.

One night as we gathered in front of the TV and chit chatted throughout dinner, I told my dad that I could see spots in the air bouncing off each other, everywhere I go, these sometimes colorful jovial looking spots follow me around. What a surprise it was when dad said that he could see it too, thank god it ain’t my eyesight I thought. Mum then butted in and explained that what I was actually seeing was energy in the air. Being the skeptic that I was, I never really paid much attention to what she said and assumed that it was just another one if her “psychotic beliefs”.

Over the years, I realized that what mum has been trying to teach me for all those years was indeed true. My entire surrounding looks like static in the pixels of a poorly tuned TV, with waves of green appearing by layers. I see prana- molecule movement in our supposedly “empty air”. If I look closer, I see a colorful fuzzy lining around each object, I see aura. In a silent room, a constant ringing sound is heard.

As I became more open to the concept, I finally decided to enroll in a Reiki course along with my sister. They thought me how to attract this energy and flow it through the body. As weird as this may sound to a non-believer, I actually felt heat on my palms as I meditated. We also tried practicing Reiki on our fellow classmates and there was a funny tingling feeling as they touched my auras and vice versa. I was also thought how to connect with my chakras. The inner peace that you derive from this experience was truly one of a kind.

Of course this was just the beginning. There are endless of possibilities out there for those who dedicate their time and mind to it. The more you practice, the stronger healing “powers” you receive from the cosmos. I would love to one day learn the art of reading someone’s aura. Aura can tell you many aspects of a person’s physical and mental health that can truly be beneficial to anyone.

While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma and is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Reiki merely teaches us how to manipulate the energy around us for our benefit and the benefit of others. As supernatural as it may seem, there abundance of scientific proof and quantum physics to this traditional practice.

Some argue of the existence of cosmic energy and its realization as supreme energy. I’m open to the idea, who ever said that God should be an old white man sitting on a throne eh? Whatever the truth behind it may be, being in touch with the self and nature helped me feel spirituality rather than just having a cognitive concept of it.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? i thought those colorful particles that i see too sometimes is because of sudden dizziness of getting up too fast or too much of sunlight rushed into my cornea?

    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete